headerphoto

uk movies

I woke up today and did my laundry. i really plan to do the question on leasehold but there are so many distractions and it doesn't help that I'm having cramps. The curse of being a woman..
Today I watched two British movies. first was the the movie called Angus,Thongs and the Perfect Snogging. It's a teen chick flick obviously and it certainly brings back memories from high school how we were infatuated with guys. Maybe back then I wasn't so serious about finding a boyfriend but I was intrigued by the notion of having a boyfriend. Our Asian culture was not as open as the western and when I had my first kiss, I did not tell even my closest girlfriend. But now years has passed, we are more open to discussing all the 'details'. LOL. I had my first of many things in form 3. First boyfriend, first holding of the hands, first cuddle in the cinema and the first kiss. My first kiss was memorable, it was a long kiss, his lips were soft and it certainly made a knot in my stomach. Ahh..that was such a long time ago. Fond memories.

How time has passed, reflecting back, I was so naive on life. I think I had a good chiclhood and teenagehood. Now at the age of 23, I'm an adult, I'm more mature and independent but emotionally I think there is no different then back when I was a teenager. Taking time to reflect back the past, puts a smile to my face on how fun it was.


After the movie, I took a nap and I watch How to Lose Friends & Alientae people starring a British actor Simon Pegg and several Hollywood actresses such as Kirsten Dunst, Megan Fox and

Gillian Anderson. It's a story about a British writer who aren't afraid to be himself and stand out. He was hired by a big magazine in US as a junior for the events department. He was eccentric in many ways and the movie depicts his experience working in that film. It's a funny movie and a good Sunday afternoon sort of movie. Very straightforward and predictable.
I have another movie I've yet to watch. It's a serious kinda movie from UK also called Shoot on Sight on the shootings of an innocent citizen that happen after the 2006 bombings. UK movies have come a long way. Maye sometimes their accent its hard to understand but I feel UK movies has more substance at times.
Thats it la..another of my 'thoughts' on random stuff that happen in my life..










1 comment:

fluotone said...

aha! so this is what u do..watching movies all day instead of reading ur books har! grrrrr.... :p