headerphoto

super long meet the parents episode..

I met his parents yesterday twice in a day. Let's name this guy whom cause so much drama in life "N". The meeting was not planned or something, I thought of having lunch with him after my church and go CC. But later he told me his father want to settle some stuff with his ex who kept harassing the family for money. So I just went lunch with him, I went to his house expecting to just park my car and go by his car to lunch, only to find that N has just woke up. So I have to go inside his house. N's parents were not there, so we hang out for while then went lunch and came back to find his parents in the house. I was so nervous ok? Bearing in mind he already told them I was his girlfriend, which I yet to hear from telling me I'm his gf. We sat and watch some Olympic highlights and I went back cause so awkward if like wait till they leave the hosue to go to the negotiation meeting with his ex. I came home and slept like a pig. I woke up and called him, hearing so down and all, I offered to go up to Puchong again. My plan was talk to him so he wun feel so emo then go dinner with him n I balik his place or mine to watch the badminton. I didn't know the maid would be counting me in for dinner. Thank God, my friend who is a cousin of N drop by to his place, if not I really feel out of place. His parents were ok, his mother was friendly, dad..well the usual, cool and content man. I met his grandparents too wtf..like family reunion. All in all it was ok, I just hope I did not make any "etiquette" mistakes. I greeted them when i saw them, before I eat and when I want to leave. Sastisfactory kua..

I never had any experience like this. First timer. Allan's mom died when he was 18, dad does not live with him, so I only get to see his family once a year, during CNY. Makan pun tak pernah bersama. Then my other ex, I knew his parents way before I knew their son, so practically like family then. So this is my first experience meeting people's parents for the first time.

I think the only mistake made is that I went to his room before dinner, before his parents came back. We did not do anything, but his sister said it would leave a bad impression, so we went to the living room. I told this to EJ and he told me it's not good la. Well it wasn't me who volunteered to go ok? He who said you want to come up or not, so I went la. He should know how his parents feel like and his house rules. Anyways when his parents came back about 15 minutes I think, we came down to the living room already.

So EJ, I rest my case and put you (the plaintiff)to strict proof that I did anything wrong.. ;p

Fast forward to dinner time, there was a quite a number of dishes and the soup of the day was spinach and fishball soup which is in the top of my worse food list. But I can't decline and say "oh, uncle, I dun take spinach and fishball" and go all high maintenance at the dinner table. So I forced myself to finish the bowl of soup which I did. The food was just like what I eat at home and the soup is even exactly what my mum made and which everytime she force to drink I'll just skip dinner. After dinner, we all sat and watch the games, watching Chong Wei lose..after that I balik lo..It was quite an experience. But really thank God, my friend was there, so I could talk to her and ease my nerves a bit. Well you maybe asking isn't suppose N to do that? Well I wasn't expecting much, I can't expect myself to go all clingy on him and expect him to be with me all the time in front of his parents and granparents.

After I came home, we talked on the phone and the mum said I look better than his ex who is stick thin. A hint of compliment? I dunno..I just feel fat. Well actually his mum seen my pic at my friendster. Don't ask me..just plain weird and almost stalkerish, but his mum meant well, just worried his son will get hurt. Then N told me, now its my turn to meet your parents..my heart skipped a beat. I dunno how to bring myself about to tell my mum I'm going out with him. Not that I'm embarrased about him, but I felt I owed them after all they done for me in the course of my breakup. I felt like betraying them somehow if I start dating. My dad told me not to start dating till I graduate, scared I get hurt again and no heart to help me anymore. They just care about me very very much. My sis was telling me be single and free..live life to the max. I just don't know how to break it to them. I don't even know how to even bring him to dinner at my place. I think my father gonna go into super defensive mode cause he won't trust them anymore , cause he used treat Allan so nice, so I guess he was also shocked of what he did. N told me only when I'm ready to take him to meet my parents.

The other thing is I don't know when I'm ready. It's not so simple as meet and greet, it's a whole new level which I don't think I'm ready. I don't want to make the same mistake again by jumping into things so fast.I think the only right time for him to meet my parents will be a bbq party for my mom and bro's birthday next month. But my mom keep asking to meet N, she ain't oblivous to my late nights and weekend absence..That time was before I met his, I told myself till I met his parents, it will show that he really likes then only I will show him my parents. now he did, doing my part does not seem so easy. Things are not complicated but I seem to complicate it. *~there's no need to complicate our life~* that line from jason mraz kept circling in my mind. I just need to believe that everything will work out by themself...

1 comment:

Anushia said...

hey girl, I didn't know so much could happen in a few days. Ask God first before you do anything because He has plans for you and His ways are higher than our ways so are His thoughts higher than our thoughts. Give some time for both of you to know each other more. Meeting your parents isn't a big deal but both of your relationship is a big deal. Giving your heart to him is a big deal