headerphoto

flashback 6

June was a month of rejuvenation. I went to Singapore for holidays. A short one but it was relaxing indeed. I had the best time in the zoo. Yeah..jakun right? But Singapore 's zoo is awesome. The animals are happy and well fed and the best part is, the zoo is kinda open as in there not many glass windows or cages. The monkey village consist of different groups of monkeys living in a big man made tree and there are no cages.


I did my fair share of shopping there and overload on those magic wipes that I bought in Singapore. I just love that magic wipe thingy, I don't know if you guys know..but its the kinda cloth that looks like a napkin but the dust and hair just sticks to it when you wipe on a surface. I love it so much, that when my dad asks for it, i'll take it out from my secret compartment and give to them. I don't want anybody else using it. I'm obsessed with it. My bag was stuffed with the magic wipes. Not that KL does not sell it but its freaking cheap. I think about SGD 1 for a packet. Here's like 4 bucks from 100 yen shop. I'm that cheap. wtf.


Reminiscing back, I miss Singapore. My elder sis no longer works in SIA. So no free accomodation now if I go there. Just free dinners I guess. I love Malaysia and its culture and our laidback attitute(aka tidak apa attitude) but Singapore is organised. It's clean and the best thing is that you feel safe. You feel safe jogging down a park in the evening. You can walk around Singapore showing a bit cleavage and people don't gawk at you. The only thing Singapore does not have is mamaks like here. i mean if you don't have a car there and in the middle of night craves for supper, you have to take a cab. There are no roadside mamak nearby that you can just walk to like here in KL. I have a theory that the reason why Singaporeans are so stressed is that they have no mamak like KL. There are no Steven Corners, BRJ, Pelita etc. You see, Mamaks or more known yum cha sessions is the place where we unwind by talking crap.Seriously, mamak is the place to reduce stress, we call a bunch of friends and talk about our mundane lives and gossip about people to make ourselves feel better..haha..Sure some of you Singaporeans might be reading this and said, we have clean cafes like Starbucks or some hongkie style place in Singapore. but c'mn for you to take a cab, and go to Sbux and spend 10 bucks or so frequently and the taxi fare is expensive right? Here in KL, you can just order a teh tarik for RM 1.20 and talk shit the whole night!! Oh yeah one more thing, in SG you can't download torrents or you'll fined or jailed. The internet is fast no dobut because you can't download torrents but what is life without torrents? You can only stream online, but what about music? another negative side if you stay in SG.


I don't know why suddenly I blogged about mamaks in Singapore. As much as the country is much more better than us economically and all, nothing can compare to the culture in Malaysia. June was a good month for me. I was still emo at that time but it was a good month compared to the previous months.


Bugis Junction

Night Safari

Crazy sisters
Kiss for my prince charming

Polar bear




The only pic of us 3 sisters

*teehee*




No comments: