headerphoto

Payback Scenario 2

Payback Scenario #2

I'm at my huge office overlooking the scenic view of busy Putrajaya. Times have change where once Putrajaya was more of the surburban city but it turned to a metropolitan in just 20 years. I just came back Palace of Justice of a long and tiring trial. there are emails to be read, cases to reviewed and then I heard my secretary on the speaker," Miss Goh, you have MR X(senior partner)'s client is here to see you. MR X directed that you review his case." I sighed, it's already almost 5 and today I have to go back dinner with my parents and asked for the client to be sent in.


When the door opened, I recognised the face eventhough it's almost 20 years after the dreadful Sunday. I still remember what happened on that fateful day.I'm suprised that he step into my office. We exchanged awkward greetings and then get down to business. I had so many questions but I was trying to be professional. He was a seeking divorce but it's a tough case because they have a pre-nuptial agreement. I mean divorce is easy but since he is working for the wife, he would lose everything. I was sympathethic at a point but told him that I would review the case and decide where to proceed. But deep down I do not want to take the case and tomorrow I'll pass it to my colleagues. We both exchanged gazes once a while during the conversation, he was slightly embarassed, I can see that in his eyes. After a quick half an hour consultation we shook hands and he left. I told myself I'm never going to deal with him anymore. and to see this day comes even after 20 years. I let it go already and now moving on with my life. I got what I wanted, a great job and a loving family...Karma~

No comments: